Reports to: Director of Managed Care Program
Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging (WRAAA) is a private non-profit corporation, organized and designated by the State of Ohio to be the planning, coordinating and administrative agency for federal and state aging programs in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina Counties. It is one of twelve Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) in the state organized together with local service provider organizations and the Ohio Department of Aging (ODA) to form the state's public aging services network. The network works together to create opportunities for older Ohioan's to receive needed home and community services and supports; and to age successfully in their own homes and communities.
- Supervise care managers assigned to team, conducting team meetings and conferring with staff regarding care management problems and procedures.
- May accompany care managers on field visits to provide technical assistance and/or to evaluate appropriateness and quality of care management activity.
- Facilitate decision making/treatment planning among disciplines.
- Assist with and/or facilitate case conferences with other formal service providers regarding care planning and implementation issues.
- Ensure that scheduling permits timely completion of all required client contacts, home visits, reassessments and disenrollments.
- Review care treatment plans to ensure quality and individualized plans are in place for program participants
- Use the computer system to conduct and/or review initial assessments and reassessments as needed.
- Provide coverage for supervisor partners when needed
- Function as a backup care manager in emergencies to ensure delivery of care management services.
- Assist in interviewing of potential assessors, care managers, and case aides.
- Participate in management teamwork to address broad clinical issues, team building, distribution of work load, referral, and quality assurance issues.
- Provide input and problem solving related to program operations and possible procedural changes.
- Assist in current and retrospective audits of care manager cases
- Assist in development and implementation of training and orientation of care managers and other staff as required.
- Assist in the planning and development of in-service programs and training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager or Director.
- Abide by licensure Code of Ethics.
- This position's primary duty is to perform work directly related to the successful operation of the Agency. Accordingly, the employee must exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- All staff have the responsibility and authority to propose ways to improve quality and to fully participate in quality improvement efforts.
- Must be currently licensed as a social worker by the State of Ohio Counselor and Social Worker Board or licensed as a registered nurse by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Three years prior experience in home care for the elderly, home health care, medical social work, geriatrics/gerontology, or a related field.
- At least two years supervisory experience.
- Experience with team process, assessments, and case work preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must know basic Microsoft Windows applications.
- Ability to use and be trained in multiple databases
- Ability to use and transport a laptop computer and case, therefore must be able to lift/carry a minimum of twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to ambulate enough to access private homes/locations which may not be readily accessible.
- Must have a car available during working hours, as well as the ability to legally drive a car.
If you are interested in joining our team of professionals, please forward your resume and a cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging (WRAAA) is committed to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people. Employment decisions are made based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. The Agency does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advocacy. Assistance. Answers on Aging.